Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Strawberries anyone?







Last Sunday my sisters-in-law and I went to the strawberry festival - or as known in Maltese 'Festa Frawli' that was held in Mgarr. The square was buzzing with people who came from far away to enjoy themselves at this fair.





There were various stalls on the church parvis selling anything that has to do with strawberries. People could be seen jostling at the stalls to have their share of strawberry goodies. There were strawberry ravioli, strawberry risottos, strawberry ice-cream, pancakes, waffles, fresh strawberries, jams, cakes, chocolate-dipped strawberries..so many goodies! I made a pig of myself and had a strawberry waffle, an ice-cream followed by a Hobza biz-zejt, and kannoll- all in that order.





I got carried away with the atmosphere and bought 4 packs of strawberries. One pack at 3 euros each seemed a bit pricey but then I realized that every pack was fully packed with huge delicious strawberries. (I couldn’t even find one bad strawberry!) Their taste was incredible. They were so sweet! Today I made a strawberry ice-cream, a strawberry milkshake for my husband, and a strawberry flan.


2 comments:

Doreen said...

Hi there,
It looks like you had a lovely day at the festival!
I loved reading your blog, interesting posts and great pictures too. Keep up the great work...I will be back : )

Suki said...

Wow! That was really nice of you. Thanks.